- USB - Rugged - Portable - Affordable - ascii Programmable
- Measures DC current PicoAmps nanoamps microamps milliamps Bi-polar
- Optional built in +/-fixed 90V DC bias or use your own low noise programmable DC power supply with the external bias option
Works well in noisy RF environments
- Includes data logging and graphing software
- Now with Synchronous multichannel capability - up to 127 channels
- 2 post or 3 post TRIAX input connector option **
Most vacuum labs have a picoammeter and some kind of bias supply to measure electron or ion currents in a vacuum chamber. The 9103 USB Picoammeter provides an outstanding value by combining the picoammeter and target bias supply into a single unit which also includes an easy to use software interface, data logging and graphing capability and ASCII commands that make it easy for you to quickly integrate our USB plug and play picoammeter into your own software application. Designed for use with electron microscopes, Auger electron analyzers and X-ray photoelectron spectrometers, the 9103 has a useful DC low current measurement range of low pA to low mA.
But the 9103 is not limited to applications that involve measuring electron or ion current in vacuum. If you need to measure low pA to low mA DC current for any application, the RBD 9103 may be exactly the current measurement device that you need. Any meter can display current, but the capability to graph current vs. time or another variable is what sets the 9013 apart from the competition. The latest release of our Actuel data logging software includes a new sync feature which enables multiple 9103s to measure, record and graph current - up to a total of 127 9103s at the same time!
Replace your old meter and bias box with a state of the art USB 9103 Picoammeter!
The 9103 is the perfect replacement for the Keithley 485. Still using your Keithley 485 autoranging picoammeter ? Here is a link to the user manual. The 485 was a great meter in it's day, which is why we modeled our 9103 after it!
Input can be "floated" up to 600V DC! Other meters are limited to 10V.
- Accurate Current Measurement: Ranges 2 nA to 2 mA, - .001nA to 2.499 mA
- Auto or Manual Range: automatic or manual range selection
- Interval or Single Sampling: take samples of current at timed intervals ranging from 25 ms to 9999 ms per point
- Offset Null: null (zero) the offset at a particular range
- Input Grounding: enables the input to be shorted to ground when not sampling, and automatically opened when sampling (this features is designed specifically for use with electron microscopes and vacuum spectrometers to prevent the specimen stage from charging)
- Input can be floated up to 600V DC (tested to 2500V DC)
- Output via External Chart Recorder: convert the sample current measurement to a voltage and output to a chart recorder or similar device
- Sample Filter: select the speed and accuracy of the built-in sample filter
- Query Status: query status (including stability, over/under range indication) calibration, and diagnostic information from the device
- 90 V Bias (Optional): select a +/- fixed 90 V bias to reduce secondary electron emission
- External Bias (Optional): Use your own isolated voltage source to measure current vs. voltage
- Software and Compatibility: comes bundled with application software for Microsoft Windows (Actuel), hardware is compatible with various other OSs including most Linux and Apple Mac OS systems
- Programmability: ASCII command interface provided for user-defined testing and automation as well as integration with third-party instrument software
- Interface: On/Off switch, USB (type B) interface connector, BNC input connector, banana jack recorder output connectors, power and data LEDs
- Flexible Calibration: calibration procedure is provided so the unit can be calibrated annually by your local calibration service
- Device ID - a 10-character device identifier can be programmed and stored in firmware*
Additional features are provided by the Actuel application
*Requires firmware update to older 9103 Picoammeters - available from RBD for a nominal charge.
** Does not include TRIAX cable
Actuel is RBD’s newest software application. A play on words (Actuel is French for “current”, as in “at the present moment”), Actuel provides the interface to RBD’s new 9103 Picoammeter. Version 1 of Actuel provides a control and display medium for the Picoammeter, including an easy-to-read current display and status information. It also includes an interface that provides data sampling and recording (data logging). In addition, the software provides a console for accessing advanced features of the Picoammeter, including calibration and diagnostics.
Here's how RBD's 9103 Picoammeter stands up to the competition:
|Feature||RBD 9103||Keithley 6485|
|Real time data logging software (included)|||
|Integrated 90V low noise target bias for improved accuracy of electron and ion beam measurements in vacuum|||
|Simple ASCII programming commands for easily integration into your application|||
|Low pA to mid mA current range|||||
Watch Actuel in action in this tutorial::
|USB Interfaces||160 mW power consumption|
|2 nA minimum DAC Resolution||0.1 pA|
|2 mA minimum DAC Resolution||100 nA|
|Ranges||2 nA (2,000 pA) to 2 mA with 100 fA (.1 pA) resolution|
|Input Protection||Reverse diode 1 VDC|
|Recorder Output Voltage||+/- 2.000 V per range|
|Voltage Burden||If the current is in the range of measurement of the instrument, the Voltage drop should be less than +/-26uV + (3.2 * I), where I is the current flowing into the instrument, 3.2 is the resistance of the fuse, and +/-26uV is the offset Voltage specification of the op-amp. The current measurement circuit uses an op-amp to convert current to Voltage, where the op-amp inputs are referenced to the ground circuit of the current source. If the current goes outside the range of measurement of the instrument, the Voltage is clamped to +/- 1V by a low leakage diode clamp circuit using two diodes in parallel with one diode connected anode to ground, cathode to the current measurement node, and the second diode connected cathode to ground, anode to the current measurement node.|
|Warm-up||1 hour to rated accuracy|
|Environment||Operating 0o C to 50o C|
|Mechanical Dimensions||55H x 170W x 165L (mm) / 2.11H x 6.68W x 6.30L (inches)|
|Net. Weight||0.816 kg / 1.5 lbs|
|Connections||Input: Isolated BNC; Analog Output: Banana jacks|
|Safety||Conforms to USB Power Specification - for use by qualified personnel who are trained in the use of test and measurement instrumentation|
|Accessories Included||Instructions manual with ASCII commands, low noise BNC cable, USB power cable, USB driver, installation instructions, Actuel software|
Resolution & Accuracy per Range
|2 nA||100 fA||0.4 +/- %|
|20 nA||1 pA||0.4 +/- %|
|200 nA||10 pA||0.2 +/- %|
|2 uA||100 pA||0.15 +- %|
|20 uA||1 nA||0.1 +/- %|
|200 uA||10 nA||0.1 +/- %|
|2 mA||100 nA||0.1 +/- %|
For price and delivery information, please contact our sales department at 541-330-0723 x 304 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.